Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: The DCE holds a faculty appointment and has administrative, academic, service, and scholarship
responsibilities consistent with the mission and philosophy of Southern Adventist University.
This individual demonstrates competence in clinical education, teaching, and curriculum
development. In addition, the DCE primary responsibilities are to plan, coordinate, facilitate,
administer, and monitor clinical education activities on behalf of Southern Adventist University
and in coordination with academic and clinical faculty. These activities include but are not
limited to the following:
• developing, monitoring, and refining the clinical education component of the curriculum,
• facilitating quality learning experiences for students during clinical education,
• evaluating students' performance, in cooperation with other faculty, to determine their
ability to integrate didactic and clinical learning experiences and to progress within the
• educating students, clinical and academic faculty about clinical education,
• selecting clinical learning environments that demonstrate characteristics of sound
patient/client management, ethical and professional behavior, and currency with physical
• maximizing available resources for the clinical education program,
• providing documented records and assessment of the clinical education component
(includes clinical education sites, clinical educators, etc.), and
• actively engaging core faculty clinical education planning, implementation, and
The DCE serves as a liaison between the physical therapy program and the clinical education site
as part of his/her responsibilities. The DCE, in cooperation with other academic faculty,
establishes clinical education site and facility standards, selects and evaluates clinical education
sites, and facilitates ongoing development of and communication with clinical education sites
and clinical faculty.
For a full job description follow the link here: http://www.southern.edu/administration/hr/foremployees/openings.html
Experience: Qualifications: Minimum Requirements (no specific order)
• Must be a physical therapist (Master’s or higher preferred) or a PT Assistant (Bachelor’s
required in a related field, Master’s preferred)
• Must hold or be eligible for Tennessee state licensure
• Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience as a physical therapist assistant or physical
• Minimum of 2 years of clinical teaching and/or clinical coordination experience.
• Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, problem-solving, and counseling
• Knowledge of legislative, regulatory, legal and practice issues affecting clinical
education, students, and the profession of physical therapy.
• Able to meet the faculty requirements as stated in the Standards and Required Elements
for PTA programs.
• Able to initiate, administer, assess, and document clinical education programs.
• Able to work independently and coordinate work with colleagues and peers.
• Demonstrated ability in successful teaching (finalist will be required to demonstrate
competence by teaching a mini lesson)
• Able to travel, as needed.
• Prior teaching experience in a physical therapist assistant/physical therapist academic
program or equivalent coursework.
• Knowledge of education, management, and adult learning theories and principles.
• Active in clinical practice, especially as applicable to clinical education.
• Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels.
• Earned status as an APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require
lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office
machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, the telephone and other office
equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Working Conditions: Essential tasks are performed under normal office/school conditions with
little or no noticeable discomfort. Work area is well lighted and ventilated.
Special Requirement: Must have an expressed commitment to Jesus Christ, the teachings
and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, a SDA church member in regular standing,
and a desire to serve in a cooperative, spiritually redemptive, and soul-winning atmosphere.
Practice confidentiality of information at all times.
To Apply: Send letter of application, curriculum vitae, and three references to:
Dr. Christopher Stewart
Southern Adventist University
P.O. Box 370, Collegedale, TN 37315-0370
Contact:Dr. Christopher Stewart Southern Adventist University
P.O. Box 370, Collegedale,