Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: The DCE holds a faculty appointment and has administrative, academic, service, and scholarship
responsibilities consistent with the mission and philosophy of Southern Adventist University.
This individual demonstrates competence in clinical education, teaching, and curriculum
development. In addition, the DCE primary responsibilities are to plan, coordinate, facilitate,
administer, and monitor clinical education activities on behalf of Southern Adventist University
and in coordination with academic and clinical faculty. For full description of position visit: www.southern.edu/jobs
Experience: • Must be a physical therapist (Master’s or higher preferred) or a PT Assistant (Bachelor’s
required in a related field, Master’s preferred)
• Must hold or be eligible for Tennessee state licensure
• Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience as a physical therapist assistant or physical
• Minimum of 2 years of clinical teaching and/or clinical coordination experience.
• Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, problem-solving, and counseling
• Knowledge of legislative, regulatory, legal and practice issues affecting clinical
education, students, and the profession of physical therapy.
• Able to meet the faculty requirements as stated in the Standards and Required Elements
for PTA programs.
• Able to initiate, administer, assess, and document clinical education programs.
• Able to work independently and coordinate work with colleagues and peers.
• Demonstrated ability in successful teaching (finalist will be required to demonstrate
competence by teaching a mini lesson)
• Able to travel, as needed.
• Prior teaching experience in a physical therapist assistant/physical therapist academic
program or equivalent coursework.
• Knowledge of education, management, and adult learning theories and principles.
• Active in clinical practice, especially as applicable to clinical education.
• Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels.
• Earned status as an APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor.
Contact:Dr. Christopher StewartP.O. Box 370, Collegedale, TN email@example.com