Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: Southern's Accreditation seeking Physical Therapist Assistant Program is soliciting applications for the new Director of Clinical Education (DCE) position. The DCE holds a full-time faculty appointment and has administrative, academic, service, and scholarship responsibilities consistent with the mission and philosophy of Southern Adventist University. This individual demonstrates competence in clinical education, teaching, and curriculum development. In addition, the DCE primary responsibilities are to plan, coordinate, facilitate, administer, and monitor activities on behalf of the academic program and in coordination with academic and clinical faculty.
Send letter of application, curriculum vitae, and three references to Dr. Christopher Stewart, email@example.com or to Southern Adventist University
PO Box 370, Collegedale, TN 37315 Att: Dr. Christopher Stewart
Experience: Minimum Requirements
• Must be a physical therapist (Master’s or higher preferred) or a PT Assistant (Bachelor’s required in a related field, Master’s preferred)
• Must hold or be eligible for Tennessee state licensure
• Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience as a physical therapist assistant or physical therapist.
• Minimum of 2 years of clinical teaching and/or clinical coordination experience.
• Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, problem-solving, and counseling skills.
• Knowledge of legislative, regulatory, legal and practice issues affecting clinical education, students, and the profession of physical therapy.
• Able to meet the faculty requirements as stated in the Standards and Required Elements for PTA programs.
• Able to initiate, administer, assess, and document clinical education programs.
• Able to work independently and coordinate work with colleagues and peers.
• Demonstrated ability in successful teaching (finalist will be required to demonstrate competence by teaching a mini lesson)
• Able to travel, as needed.
• Prior teaching experience in a physical therapist assistant/physical therapist academic program or equivalent coursework.
• Knowledge of education, management, and adult learning theories and principles.
• Active in clinical practice, especially as applicable to clinical education.
• Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels.
• Earned status as an APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor.
Contact:Dr. Christopher StewartSouthern Adventist University
PO BOX 370